Ukhrul: A devastating fire broke out at Viewland Zone-2, adjacent to the residence of Dr. Sita Luikham. The fire razed three second hand shops in the closed hours of Tuesday night around 9:30 PM.
The fire reportedly started in one or two of the three second hand shops that were razed down. The reason for the fire outbreak is allegedly believed to have been caused by a short circuit between shop number 1 and 2.
The fire reportedly started from inside the shops as the shops were all locked and bolted from the outside.
According to reports, the three shops are owned by
1. Ramyao Maluksho from Pui village.
2. Flora Yangya from Paorei Village
3. Honsanphi Rungsung from Zingshong village.
Sources say the second-hand shop owners have incurred a huge loss in terms of lakhs as the shops had just taken in new bales of second hand clothes recently and were stored in the shop. 95% of the clothes were completely burned down and a few of which were saved are rendered as scrap. No casualty or physical harm has been reported.
The fire was brought under control by two fire brigades and fire fighters along with Ukhrul police personnel and the timely intervention of Ukhrul Assam Rifles battalion.
The Garbage trucks from the District administration were called in for a cleanup Wednesday morning at around 9 am.