Red chilly powder, salt , water & yongpa (dry basil). For authentic taste, local red chilly powder from Nagaland or Manipur is recommended.
1) Take one kilo of pork wash it and drain out all the water and keep aside.
2) Add 2/3 cups of water in a pot and add chilly powder and salt and boil it for about 20mins.
3) Take the pork and put it in the pot and cook it till it comes to a boiling point for about 10mins.
4) After that cook it for about one and half hour on low flame with the lid cover.
Keep checking on and off if you need to add more water, add accordingly.
5. Add the Yongpa (dry basil). After cooking for an hour and half check if the pork is done. If it’s not done, cook for another 20mins.
6. When the pork is done. It’s ready to serve with rice and some boiled veggies and our tangkhul sivathei chutney with a dash of fermented fish or soya beans.
I normally use a nonstick cooking kadai
Follow Mathingmi’s Kitchen on Facebook
Check out the video here