The All Manipur Tribal Union (AMTU) on its 2nd executive meeting for the current year at Imphal represented by members from all the hill districts, resolved to take up the tribal issues in Manipur.
The meeting held on Saturday noon deliberated in length and resolved to take up the following impending tribal issues in the present state of Manipur and to submit representation in this regard to the Governor at the earliest, the press statement issued by Secretary, Bruce K Thangkhal said.
1) Eviction Order of Christian Churches in and around Imphal Area.
2) Suspension of Recognition of Villages in Hill Areas.
3) Suspension and Banned on Registration of Landed Properties and Gift Deeds in the Hill Areas of Manipur State.
4) Protected Forest – an Act proposed by the Central Government (GoI), and
5) Meetei/Meitei Scheduled Tribe Demand
The structure of All Manipur Tribal Union
- President: Mr. R.K. Ajin
- Working President: Mr. Romeo Bungdon
- Chief Whip/ Coordinator: Ms. May Rose
- Vice-Presidents (District Incharge):
i) Mr. H. Mangchinkhup – Churachandpur
ii) Mr. Lunkhothang H. Mate – Tengnoupal
iii) Mr. Martin Muivah – Ukhrul
iv) Mr. Romeo Yulhung Chothe – Chandel
v) Mr. Canaan Panmei – Tamenglong
vi) Mr. Romeo Yeitei Koireng – Kangpokpi
- General Secretaries:
i) Mr. Kelvin Lalboi Neihsial
ii) Mr. Agui Rongmei
iii) Mr. Ngatami Tangkhul
i) Ms. Thaitangliu Pamei – Finance
ii) Mr. Bruce K. Thangkhal – Information and Publicity
iii) Mr. Adalu James – Information and Publicity.
- Joint Secretary: Mr. J.S. Chamdil
- Treasurer: Ms. Ch. Koiren
i) Mr. BD Behring
ii) Mr. Jerol Sumpi
iii) Mr. R. Asing Tangkhul.
iv) Mr. Lunti S. Gangte
The press statement also expressed concern over the Military Coup in Myanmar in the meeting and expressed the desire for immediate restoration of people’s mandated government in Myanmar.