Awungtang Youth Organization, Ukhrul conducted its 1st Felicitation program for those who had successfully achieved UPSC/SSC and 14 students, who had passed HSLC and SSLC examination.
The felicitation was conducted on Sunday at Rashing Hall, Awungtang.
The program was attended by Thanmi N Wungleng, Shimva Chairman ANFO (Awungtang Ngachonmi Fund Org.) as the Chief Guest, Masowon Sareo, Chairperson ASL as Guest of honor, HA Tonreishim Asst Pastor Viewland Baptist Church, Rev Fr. Phillip Rei Parish Priest MHCCC, Hunphun Katamnao Long (HKL), Shimva and Shanao long of Awungtang.
“We have conducted this program for all the students who had passed HLSC and SSLC to encourage and motivate them. Most importantly, we have included the achievers of civil service examination, who are working in different parts of India with the aim that it will motivate the students to follow their path”, mentioned Ramreinan Kaping, Chairman AYO in his welcome speech.
“In addition, educational wall painting such as Solar system, Periodic table, Ten Commandments, etc has been initiated so that our youth can take part in molding the students. Also hoping that it will make it easier, for the students, to learn as they walk past the paintings daily”, he added.
Thanmi N Wungleng advised the youth of the colony to strive on, think of the work that you have done in the past, the work you are doing now, and the work that you will do in the future. He said that they should learn from a past mistake, make corrections now, and in whatever they do, they should keep the future in mind.
In her exhortation speech, Masowon Sareo said, “Parents should not give importance only to the studious child but understand and support the talents of all children.”
“The youth plays a great role in helping the indigent with labor, wealth, imparting knowledge and by creating opportunity for them”, she added.
William Chiphang, advisor AYO, while emphasizing the importance of education said, “Whether you are player, artist or even a farmer, there is a distinction between the educated and uneducated. In any field, the main backbone of our life is Education.”
Wungshungam Kasar, Gen. Secretary AYO, introduced the achievers and their families and also gave their biography highlights.
The achievers are:
- Yarreitha Shingnaisui S/o (L) Ramyo Shingnaisui and Ranangla Shingnaisui
(Sub Divisional Engineer, BSNL)
- Shimpam Shingnaisui S/o (L) Ramyo Shingnaisui and Ranangla Shingnaisui
(Assistant Commandant, ITBP)
- Worrinso Hongray S/o Sendi Hongray and Yorpangla Hongray
- Leishingam Angelus Chiphang S/o Nabin Chiphang and Lily Chiphang (Sub-Inspector, BSF)
- Thingmingam Shingnaisui S/o Robinson Shingnaisui and Susanah Shingnaisui (Asst. Sub-Inspector, CISF)
- Dinah Sareo D/o Ngaronmi Sareo and Ningmila Sareo (Postal Assistant)
- Scholastica W Sareo D/o Ngayangkhui Sareo and Sophie Sareo (Nursing Officer, AIIMS Kalyani)
- Dr. Singyala Chiphang D/o (L) Ramyo Chiphang
Asst. Prof (Adhoc), Agricultural Economics, CPGS-AS, Central Agricultural University, (Imphal), Umaim, Meghalaya
- Wungmachi Kaping S/o Ayo Kaping and Ashim Kaping
- Ramthing Rumthao S/o Yaoshim Rumthao and Themmei Rumthao
Rev Fr. Philip Rei installed and gave blessings to the new youths.
The program ended with a vote of thanks by Qr Yaomayo Chiphang and benediction by Tammi Shingnaisui.