The Government of Manipur, Home Department, on 19th September, 2020 issued the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for Airline returnees in Manipur.
The Home Department laid down four directories for the passengers as listed below:
- It is mandatory for all Airline passengers arriving Imphal to issue an e – Pass by indicating their particulars and flight details from their respective district Deputy Commissioner.
- District Deputy Commissioners should enunciate the web portal, e-mail addresses and other requirements with prescribed format to indicate the details required before the submission of applications. They should maintain proper records of issued e – Pass before their arrivals so as to monitor the arrivals, quarantine and testing on time.
- Airline returnees with e- Pass will be given warrant to leave the airport to the centres designated by the Deputy Commissioner of home district in their private or hired vehicles.
- However, passengers arriving without the e- Pass will be transported by MST buses to HRD Academy or any other centre as designated by DC (IW) for reports on further dispersal to the districts.
The Home Department also prescribed four regulations to the drop/ pick up vehicles:
- Private Vehicles including taxies are allowed to enter the Airport and park in the designated parking areas.
- Vehicles transporting passengers with pre- issued e- Pass will be allowed to leave with the passenger(s).
- Vehicles with security personnel or constitution materials or other vehicles such as trucks will be allowed to enter the Airport without access for vehicles parking inside the Airport.
- Social distancing should imperatively be followed by all drivers/ passengers. Vehicles should also be parked with adequate gaps.