Churachandpur, June 9: Helicopter service from Churachandpur to Imphal’s Bir Tikendrajit International Airport commenced from 36 Assam Rifles’ helipad located at Headquarter Veng, Churachandpur on June 9 for general public for Rs. 2000 ticket per passenger. Booking office for the service is located at Mini secretariat Tuibong.
Manipur government had notified on June 7, as per the union home minister Amit Shah’s assurance that helicopter services under Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India will be providing helicopter services between Churachandpur, at 36 AR helipad, and Imphal international airport on June 9 Friday, departing at 10 am.
Shad had met civil society groups and reviewed the security situation when he visited Churachandpur, Kangpokpi and Moreh early last week in his 4-day visit to violence-torn Manipur to douse the flames. He had assured to operationalise air services from the hill districts during his visit.
The Manipur Heli Service informed passengers that the service may be availed on Tuesday and Friday (tentative) as per the following rules:
- Only 1 luggage per passenger
- The maximum weight of luggage permissible is 10 kg.
- Passenger shall report at least 1 hr before departure at the reporting counter at 1st
- IRB, Hq. Veng, Churachandpur
- Items prohibited as per BCAS guidelines shall not be allowed.
- Passengers shall carry 1-cards (Aadhaar/PAN/Govt. issued 1-card etc.)