Dhanamanjuri University Tangkhul Katamnao Long Imphal (DMUTKLI) under the aegis of Tangkhul Katamnao Saklong (TKS) has come up with an idea of opening a Help Desk to assist aspirants seeking admission in constituent colleges of DM University. The ongoing pandemic has posed a great problems and challenges to students specially during admission period. On analyzing the past 3 years record of students’ enrollment in this University, Tangkhul students from Ukhrul and Kamjong districts have reduced significantly. It is an obvious fact that young and fresh students face lot of hardships and problems related to admission processes specially in choosing honours paper and its subject combinations. To ease all these problems and with an aim to ensure maximum enrollment for this current session, we have come forward to volunteer ourselves to help Tangkhul students who are willing to seek admission to this University by answering all admission process problems. Amongst various others, DMUTKLI will be assisting them post admission in terms of helping them get hostel seats and provide free counselling on academic activities.
Some of the notable facts about the DM University and its Admission processes:
- Dhanamanjuri University, a cluster University with five (5) constituent colleges namely DM College of Arts, DM College of Science, DM College of Commerce, LMS Law College and G.P Women College came into existence in the year 2018. Since its inception, this premier University has an illustrious saga and legacy of imparting quality education and academic excellence incorporating the changing trends of interdisciplinary approach in teaching and other academic activities in the history of higher education in the state of Manipur. Moreover, it has been the alma mater of many an intellectual and individual of high profession caliber forming the cream of the state. The pioneering achievements of students and notable alumni like politicians, academics, bureaucrats, artists and diplomats provide the best measure of its success. Dhanamanjuri University has become the first choice for most students of the state.
- Courses available in this University consists of UG Courses, P.G Courses and PhD Programme. The overarching framework for admissions to the University is defined by its constituent colleges.
- The University has excellent Campus facilities and Support Services like Students hostels for boys and girls, Library, College Canteen, National Cadet Corps (NNC), National Service Scheme (NSS), Personality Development Club, UGC-Network Resource Centre (UGC-NRC) and Career and Counselling Centre among others.
- Submission of application form will be Online Mode with effect from 16th to 28th August 2021. The University does not permit direct registration through a pre-admission form at the college level. The duly filled in prescribed Application Form along with the relevant documents should be submitted online before the last date of submission. For information pertaining to eligibility and the list of documents to be furnished along with the Application Form can be held from Help Desk Office.
- Mode of selection for all courses including B.P.E.S is purely on the merit basis based on the marks obtained in 10 +2 Examination. Each college declares a minimum ‘cut-off’ percentage for each course. The cut-off lists of marks at which admission to various courses of study are offered by constituent colleges. The University will hold no separate written test examination for selection of candidates this year.
- Reservation of seats for different categories will be as per the Government norms.
Consequent upon the notification issued by the Dhanamanjuri University for admission to the 1st Semester of B.A./BSc./B.P.E.S./B.COM./B.B.A courses in different constituent colleges for the session 2021 – 22, the DMUTKLI Help Desk attached to TKS Office at Hamleikhong, Ukhrul shall remain active from 16th to 28 August 2021.
It is noteworthy to mention that Tangkhul Language as a MIL subject is witnessing a significant and progressive development with sound enrollment numbers of students. The Tangkhul Language as a MIL subject was incorporated in the curriculum of DM College of Arts from last year. Tangkhul students have ample opportunity to comprehensively study the Tangkhul Language at the undergraduate level in DM University. Keeping in view with the emerging prospects and to promote the intrinsic values and efficacy of Tangkhul Language, DMUTKLI encourages the aspirants or fresh students to pay special attention to Tangkhul Language and opt the subject.
Candidate desirous of getting admission to DM University, may drop into TKS Office or inquire for any information to helpline numbers provided herewith – 9366348619, 7085510759, 7085465133, 8414890679, 8731084138 & 8119938174
Themreishang AS Zimik, President, DMUTKLI.