Regional Tibetan Youth Congress Shillong and Regional Tibetan women’s association Shillong displayed this particular hoarding to honour the sacrifice made my Martyr Nyima Tenzin who sacrificed his life defending the territorial integrity of motherland India on the 30th August 2020 in Ladakh.
Subedar Nyima Tenzin was an SFF soldier who was martyred during an operation on the south bank of Pangong Lake. Nyima Tenzin was accorded with a heroic farewell after he was laid to rest at Leh with full military honours on September 7, Monday.
- Special Frontier Force (SFF) Soldier Nyima Tenzin was a Tibetan himself.
- He sacrificed his life during the pre-emptive operation the Indian Army carried out on the southern bank of the Pangong Lake in eastern Ladakh last week to foil a fresh move by the Chinese People’s Liberation Army to transgress into Indian territory.
- In fact, chants of “Bharat Mata Ki Jai”, “Jai Tibet” and “Vikas Regiment Zindabad” reverberated during the funeral procession.
- A gun salute was given to Nyima Tenzin in Leh as the funeral pyre was lit along with buddhist chants.
- In Himachal Pradesh, Tibetans took out a candlelight vigil in McLeod Ganj to pay tribute to Special Frontier Force Commando Nyima Tenzin, earlier today.
- The Special Frontier Force is an Indian Security Unit primarily drawn from thousands of Tibetan refugees who calls India as their home.
- The SFF was formed after 1962 war with China.
- India and China are engaged in an around four-month-long standoff at the Line of Actual Control in eastern Ladakh.
- Despite several levels of dialogue, there has not been any breakthrough and the deadlock continues.