Kohima: Nagaland wrestlers won a total of 20 medals – 10 gold, 7 silver and 3 bronze respectively in the 9th National Traditional Wrestling & Pankration Championship held in Goa from October 29 to 31.
Altogether 18 wrestlers, including a female contender and two officials of Nagaland Wrestling Association (NWA) had participated in the national championship, stated a release issued by NWA general secretary Vilekho Bio.
Nagaland contingent of 18 players and 2 officials under the aegis of Nagaland Wrestling Association (NWA) had left Kohima for Goa for the 9th National Traditional Wrestling & Pankration Championship 2021 on October 24 evening.
Senior Men belt wrestling:
- 100 + kg Gold – Keduovilie Zumu; Silver Surhoneyi Soho
- 85+ kg Gold – Venuzo Dawhuo; Silver Mezivil Kiso
- 85- kg Gold – Kevizhakho Suokhrie; Silver Vekutho Soho
- 76- KG Gold – Seyiejalie Gwirie; Silver – Keneiselie Khawakhrie & Bronze – Thechamo Murry.
- 65- kg Gold – Vevotso Lase; Silver – Rokokehie Khawakhrie.
- 59- kg Gold – Rokovotuo Khawakhrie; Silver – Vizoseu Metha & Bronze – Itingchi
- 54- kg Gold – Kutho Luruo
- 49- kg Gold Bongtang phom
Mass wrestling men:49- kg Gold Bongtang phom
100+ kg Bronze Keduovilie Zumu.
Women senior Belt Wrestling
56- kg Silver – Vekhonielu Curha
Women mas wrestling
56- kg Gold – Vekhonielu Curha