Kamjong: 12 Naga People’s Front (NPF) official members from 43-Phungyar Assembly Constituency have resigned today in support of Hopingson A Shimray, intending candidate from the Bharatya Janata Party for the 43-Phungyar (ST) A/C in the upcoming Manipur Legislative Assembly election 2022.
In a press release issued today, the 12 NPF resigned official members said it had firm believe in Hopingson A Shimray over his inclusive approach, stating that he is a “qualified, mature, sincere and experienced leader for the 43-Phungyar (ST) A/C.”
The mass resignation as per the release is with immediate effect from October 14, 2021.
The release stated “having been the active members and party officials for the pass many years, the time to take the hardest decision in our political journey has come as we have waited and borne the burden long enough. In spite of our indubitable love for the NPF as a political party, we could not gather any legitimate point to compromise whatsoever when the real builders who invested all theirs in building the house were compelled to be mere spectators and were treated outsiders by the elected representative. This was firmly established time and again when the representative gave such a vapid and discriminatory attitude towards the party men who had laid the foundation of the party sweating their blood.
The resigned official members are listed below:
1. Khayao Hungyo (Working President)
2. Hompam Hungshi (Vice President)
3. Thotsem Hungyo (Vice President)
4. Seimang Haokip (Vice President)
5. Rockson A Shimray (General Secretary)
6. Reddy Shishak (Jt. Secretary)
7. Wungnaokhan Shiro (Press Secretary)
8. Rockson Kashung (President, Farmer wing)
9. SP Matuime (VP, Farmer Wing)
10. SD Ninghor (Secretary Youth Wing)
11. Sochuingam Kashung (VP. Youth wing, Ukhrul division)
12. MC Nganaomi (Chairman, Advisory Board)
In September 18, three BCC members of Indian National Congress party, including president AYC, Vice President, Mahila and 14 executive members of BCC of 45-Chingai (ST) Assembly Constituency submitted en masse resignation.