Notification as per the proceedings of the first meeting of COVID Awareness cum Enforcement Committee in respect of 47 – Karong (ST) AC held on November 11 and second meeting held on November 13 was issued today on Monday. The notification laid out the Purul Village level Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for Local COVID Awareness cum Enforcement Committee (LCC) constituting with members as follows
- Village chairman as Chairman, LCC
- Village secretary as a member, LCC
- Village youth and student president as member/ convenor, LCC
- Village chairperson, Women society as a member, LCC
- As / Anganwadi workers ANMS as a member, LCC
- Pastor/ Catechist as a member, LCC
- Any reputed NGO’s in the village as a member, LCC.
The SOP includes
- The LCC shall monitor people visiting the village tea stalls, shops etc to ensure Covid- 19 appropriate behaviours as such wearing masks, social distancing and sanitizing oneself.
- Social and customary ceremonies, rituals and funerals should be organized by family members only; unless needed, the size of the gathering should be 20 or less.
- People should stay at home and not venture out unless unavoidable.
- Small gathering and consumption of alcoholic drinks are prohibited
- Restriction may be made in the entry and exit of non-locals at night.
- LCC shall administer pledge for Covid appropriate behaviour as part of JAN ANDOLAN Campaign whenever there are meetings
Penalties for violating guidelines and restriction issued by the state government as per the Manipur Diseases ( Enforcement of Covid-19 Guidelines) Regulation, 2020 are as followed.
- Failure to wear a mask in public places will be fined rs.200
- Failure to maintain social distance in Public places will be fined rs. 200
- Spitting in public places will be fined rs. 500
- Consumption of pan, gutka, and tobacco in public places will be fined rs. 200
- Gathering more than the authorized number as mentioned on ceremonies will be fined rs. 10,000
The notification has stated that the LCC constituted in every village in Purul (Purul Atongba, Purul Rosofii & Purul Akutpa village) shall take immediate action as per guidelines given above to ensure Covid appropriate behaviour in their respective village/ locality. It also mentioned that LCC may utilize loudspeakers available in the village to bring awareness to one and all. Reports on action taken up were also notified to submit to P.P Ronald, Sub Divisional Officer, Purul/ Convenor 47 Karong AC, COVID AWARENESS CUM ENFORCEMENT COMMITTEE.