Kohima: The Tenyimi Peoples’ Organization (TPO) in a Presidential Council meeting held on March 29 along with its Board of Arbitrators (BOA) at Hotel Millenium, Kohima deliberated on the land dispute of Kezoltsa/Koziirii/Kazing/Dziikou and agreed to appeal SAPO to lift the ongoing indefinite bandh.
A press release issued on Tuesday stated, subsequent to thorough marathon deliberation the following points (3, 4, 5, 6, 7) in regard to the land dispute were resolved:
Also read: NESO urges centre to intervene in ongoing Manipur-Nagaland NH blockade
3. The House agreed that the BOA should give the verdict to the land dispute of Kezoltsa/Koziirii/Kazing/Dziikou area before the General Body Meeting i.e. on or before 30th April 2022.
4. The House resolved to firmly stand by the Arbitration Undertaking signed in 2017 and honour every clause of the agreement. It also decided to stand by the Representations submitted to the Manipur government by the TPO and the three contending parties.
5. The meeting decided that the Manipur government should withdraw its armed personnel and stop all activities in the disputed area at the earliest failing which the TPO and its constituent organisatons shall initiate course of actions.
Also read: Southern Angami Youth Organization says will not budge until Manpur govt agrees to demand
6. It is also decided that TPO and its constituent organisations shall organize to reconstruct the demolished SAPO Rest House on 11th and 12th of April 2022. Besides, further course of action will be decided on these dates if the Manipur government remains adamant not listen to the appeals made to it.
7. The House agreed to appeal to SAPO to lift its indefinite Bandh in the light of the above taken decisions.
Also read: International Peace and Social Advancement urges Manipur govt to lodge suo-moto case against SAPO