The Tangkhul Katamnao Long Delhi (TKLD) video speech contest of “My idea of a Nation” result has been declared by the student union on Wednesday. A total of 18 candidates participated the contest.
The 1st place winners have been shared by two participants. They are – Gilgal Ikror Horam, BA (Honours) Amity University, Noida and Grace Leishiyui Kapai of Koso, Kamjong District, BA 5th semester (Education Honours), Don Bosco College, Maram, Manipur.
The 2nd place winners have been shared by two participants – Edmund Shinghor R, BA 2nd year St Joseph College, Bangalore, and Ramshangphi Shimrah of Nungbi Khullen, English Teacher and Life Skill Trainer, Selva International School, CBSE, Madhepali Tamil Nadu.
The 3rd place winners went to two participants – Yurthingchon Mayashang of Phungyar, Kamjong District, BA (History Honours), Don Bosco college, Maram, and Ngayaipam A Shimray of Hunphun (Ukhrul), MA Political Science, North Eastern Hill University, Shillong.
The winners will take away cash prizes to be shared in each category along with Certificate of participation which will be given to all the participants.
1st prize: Rs.10,000
2nd Prize: Rs.8,000
3rd Prize: Rs. 6,000
Speaking to TKLD President, Masotmi Kashung said that the video speech contest was held with a core concept about the Naga movement which is one of the oldest ‘nationalist movements’ in Asia. Yet, the question how and why is it relevant to our youths and the upcoming generation is an area the Nagas need to delve deeper as majority of our youth grapple with weak education, unemployment and a society that is corrupt in every sense. Against these challenges is also the role of youths and their significance to the movement and their consciousness and understanding is crucial in sustaining the movement and carrying the vision.
On asking the question of why the need for virtual speech contest, Masotmi Kashung said that “communication is the backbone of human society. A powerful speech entails not only facts and information but also inspires the audience. It has the potential to reach to maximum audience and galvanize into action”.
Masotmi also added on behalf of the TKLD student union that “while nurturing the skills of powerful communication among the Tangkhul youths also wish to encourage the youths to critically engage in nation building”.
List of all the participants are given below:
1. Ngayaipam A Shimray of Hunphun, Ukhrul, MA Political Science, North Eastern Hill University, Shillong.
2. Somingam Chamroy of Halang village, Ukhrul, Ma/Msc Psychology. MU, Canchipur, Imphal west, Manipur.
3. Seth Shimrah of Nungbi Khullen, Ukhrul, M. Div at BSSI, Banglore.
4. Sophy A Shimray, Research Scholar, Chemistry, Ukhrul.
5. Raimi Zimik of Cingjaroi Ngachaphung, Ukhrul, student.
6. Edmund Shinghor R, BA 2nd St Joseph College, Bangalore.
7. Grace Leishiyui Kapai of Koso village, Kamjong, BA 5th semester (Education Honours), Don Bosco College, Maram, Manipur.
8. Worchanphi Kamkara of Nungbi Khullen, Ukhrul.
9. Gilgal Ikror Horam, BA (H) Amity University, Noida.
10. Yurthingchon Mayashang of Phungyar, Kamjong, BA (History Honours), Don Bosco college, Maram
11. Ramshangphi Shimrah, English Teacher and Life Skill Trainer Selva International School, CBSE, Madhepali Tamil Nadu.
12. Mayar Chithung of Kumram, Kamjong.
13. Hormichon Vashi of Teinem, Ukhrul, student.
14. Woryunrin A. Shatshang of Huishu, Ukhrul, 9th Standard.
15. Somipem Phazang, graduate.
16. Kongsangthei Ph. of Kachai, Ukhrul, student.
17. Ningreichon Shimprui of Komlaching, Kangpokpi, graduate (Psychology)
18. Ikra Mashangva of Ukhrul, BA graduate.