As Ram (Ramnganing) Muivah secured the NPF party ticket for the forthcoming 12th Manipur Legislative Assembly on 2nd February 2022 from 44-Ukhrul (ST) AC, he revealed his clear vision and mission that he has for the people, even before joining politics.
- To continue in uplifting and protecting the weak and the less fortunate by serving as people’s representative to see a peaceful and prosperous Ukhrul.
The vivid mission of Ram Muivah’s is divided into short-term, medium-term, and long-term to achieve his goals.
- To strive for good governance.
- To revamp and promote agriculture and allied sectors.
- To provide basic infrastructures & utilities such as water, roads & drainage, power supply, healthcare, internet & banking facilities.
- To make Ukhrul a tourist destination.
- To focus on human resource development and boost education, skill development & entrepreneurial enterprises (to unleash the entrepreneurial spirit of the people) and sports.
- To build a 4-lane highway from Imphal to Kohima via Ukhrul wherever possible through the tunnel system.
- NH ( National Highway) from Ukhrul to Tamenglong via Senapati and NH from Ukhrul to Chandel.
- To provide water supply in Ukhrul from the perennial rivers of Sihai/Mapum and Zingsui.
- To regain the legitimate rights of the Hill people in Manipur.
- To establish a medical college and research institute in Ukhrul.
- To restore the self-respect, rights, and past glory of Ukhrul (ancestors).
- To transform Ukhrul into a ‘Smart City.’
“Since childhood, I have a dream to uplift and protect the weak and the less fortunate. This dream was one reason which inspired me to become an IAS officer. Today I want to continue to realise that dream as the peoples representative,” Qr. Ram (Ramnganing) Muivah.