Ukhrul inferno: Family of Athary clarifies

I was the last one out and I wasn't fleeing at all. I was just trying to save myself. I never fled!

Ukhrul: A day after the devastating fire that razed to ashes two connecting houses of the Fishery quarters located at Phungreitang, Ukhrul district in the wee hours of Friday morning at around 3:20 am, a statement from the one male occupant at Athary’s house, who reportedly was said to have fled the scene the morning the fire broke out said that he never fled and that he was present at ground zero.

According to Themring’s statement to this reporter, Ukhrul police even took the required statement from him on Friday morning. He said that by the time he woke up, the neighbors were already alarmed. The neighbors had even gone out to call the fire brigade, and that he was the last one out, narrowly escaping through a window of the house. Themring further said that by the time he reached the main road the fire brigade had just arrived at the scene and that he had just made a call to his mom”. Call log – 3:35 am.

Fire razes two Fishery quarters in Ukhrul

Themring’s statement: “I have a medical condition and sometimes I have difficulty breathing and when it happened last night, I woke up in a jerk and as I slowly gained consciousness as I smelled a strong stink of burning rubber. I immediately got up from the bed and my first instinct was to run to the other bedroom but there was a strong heat wave and smoke coming out from the door so I ran back into my room again. My room had bared windows so I couldn’t get out from my room and so I went into another room which had a window on the other side of the house with no bars and that is how I got out from that side (the side of the house adjacent to the electricity office). When I reached the main road, I saw my neighbors already standing outside. I immediately called my mom and as I dialed her number the fire brigade just arrived at the scene. The time was 3:35 am. I was the last one out and I wasn’t fleeing at all. I was just trying to save myself. I never fled! In fact, I was there with my mother till 5-6 am and we even met the family of Somingam A.S and have even given the required statement to the Police.”

- Advertisement -

For more such stories, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Download our Android App. Subscribe to our Website Notifications to stay updated.

Also Read

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Connect With Us



Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
Support Us