Environmental Force at Grass Root Level (ENFOGAL) a nonprofit organisation today morning cleaned Ukhrul town in keeping their commitment to keeping the town and Ukhrul district clean.
Today’s cleanliness drive was part of the follow up of the nonprofit on No to litter campaign under the them Clean environment with an aim to spread awareness to the general public to stop open dumping, littering and help in ushering a sense of belongingness in keeping the environment healthy.
Besides introduction about the campaign today addressed by ENFOGAL president with a welcoming note to 50 youths and students who participated, ADC Small Town Committee, Sanitary Inspector, Soreikhan Ronra Shimray addressed the key points on the functioning of waste management in Ukhrul town with encouragement in carrying out the campaign.
ADC provided a garbage truck to help move the cleaning work and help transport the garbage at the town’s dump site.
BJYM Ukhrul Wing secretary addressed the volunteers with a words of exhortation on the importance of such movement and good practices.
Ukhrul Assam Rifles PRO, Sunder Singh participated during the entire drive today.
The nonprofit in the past years, under their ‘No to litter campaign’ organized a clean up drive at Lungshang kong which saw participation of 40 volunteers enthusiastically, themed ‘Action for Rivers’ in association with Lungshang katamnao Long, Nehru Yuva Kendra, Ukhrul and The Higher Themzan Academy.
Also read: A nonprofit in Ukhrul, ‘Bird Walks’ to observe World Wildlife Day 2021 at Kahum Langdang
Here is more information about “No to litter campaign”. The campaign began since 2017 and have been in practice ever since.
- To inculcate the behavioural changes amongst the Youth & community as a whole on Solid Waste Management
- To address the implications of the waste crisis in the town
- To Practice and manage the basic concepts of SWM
- To strive towards a cleaner and sustainable environment in the town
- Empowerment of youths on concept of healthy and fresh environment.
- Also to witness, acknowledge, and promote the art work of Project paint Ukhrul.