Theme: “Sing & Shout for Naga Nationalism”
The Tangkhul Katamnao Long Delhi (TKLD) fervently presents Naga Patriotic Song & Poetry/Ballad competition under the theme, ‘Sing & Shout for Naga Nationalism’, which stands open for keen participation of all Nagas across the globe. This modest endeavor aims to celebrate glorious Naga Nation, love and admiration for Naga’s brethren and to bring home belongingness and togetherness amongst the Naga people across the arbitrarily divided Naga Nation. The student body hopes and wishes to share the flame of patriotism in the hearts of every Naga people and to bestow national consciousness.
Patriotic songs and Poems have boosted the morale of the people during the times of crisis, strengthened their conviction in times of uncertainty and rekindled pride in who they are and what they represent as a people and as a nation. Patriotic songs and poems inspire us to devote our allegiance and a sense of responsibility towards our Motherland. It gives us a deep feeling to cherish our Motherland and embolden us to live up for Her cause.
TKLD opens this platform to exhibit your talents, skills and creativity; be it by singing a patriotic song or reciting a poetry composition or ballad presentation. We believe the competition will not only give the participants the opportunity to amplify their spectrum of Naga ancestral wisdom but also grant us wider space to gaining insight of the Naga Political Struggles.
The competition will be an ‘ongoing process’ from the date of its commencement till the 10th of January, 2022. On the Grand Finale, we shall arrange a Virtual Event to observe the ‘Naga Day’ and the result will be declared on the same. The winners shall have the stage to present their songs and poems at the event and will be live-streamed on our official Facebook page and You-tube channel.
January 10th has been observed as ‘Naga Day’ every year since 2018 to commemorate the historic day of 10th January 1929 when a memorandum was submitted to the Simon Commission seeking self-determination by the Nagas.
Panel of Judges:
Two independent judge panels will be instituted in good faith, drawing professionals and veteran in each given field for both Song & Poetry/Ballad Competition assuring unbiased outcome, keeping in mind the level of competency and resources such competition strives for.
Prizes for the SONG & POEM/Ballad competition:
- 1st – ₹50,000 (Fifty thousand)
- 2nd – ₹30,000 (Thirty thousand)
- 3rd – ₹20,000 (Twenty thousand)
- Consolation – ₹3,000 (Three Thousand) each to 5 (five) selected contestants
- 1st – ₹30,000 (Thirty thousand)
- 2nd – ₹20,000 (Twenty thousand)
- 3rd – ₹15,000 (Fifteen thousand)
- Consolation – ₹2,000 (Two thousand) each to 5 (five) selected contestants
Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all the participants in both the category (Poem & Song).
Terms & conditions for both Songs & Poems:
- Entry to the competition is free.
- Competition is open for all the Nagas, irrespective of age, gender or tribe.
- Composition of Songs & Poems should be based on Naga Nationalism, Naga Patriotism, Common Aspiration of Nagas or Naga political history/future.
- Medium of language for composition of poems and songs will be strictly in English. However, for the song composition, if exceptional cases arise where language becomes a constraint for talented individuals to participate, the option to use their vernacular language will be considered provided that participants must include English subtitles for the same.
- Video clips should be recorded in landscape/horizontal mode and in mp4 or mov format.
- The choreography of the video would solely be on participants’ creativity however it should display Naga traditional attires and Naga National flag in the video in any form.
- Number of participants performing the song can be single, duet or in a group, however it will be counted as one (1) entry only.
- Duration of the video may be at the participant’s discretion but it should not be too short or too long.
- The entries in the competition should not have been officially published or released on any other platform previously.
- Participants must submit the lyrics of the Song & the written Poem with a brief description about the Origin, Author or Composer in PDF format and mail at- email@example.com.
- The video presentation (Poem & Song) must be submitted along with Full Name, Community/Tribe, age, profession, address and contact details of the participants.
- By submitting the Song & Poem, the contender gives consent of copyright of the particular presentation to the organizing committee for audio, written or visual publications.
- Contestants must upload their presentation in Google Drive, and give access of the particular file by adding firstname.lastname@example.org to the share file option and send the accessible link on WhatsApp +91 987 028 6829/ +91 995 363 5161/ +91 966 792 3547/
+91 730 390 5016 / +91 838 302 9206.
- Video clips will be uploaded on TKLD’s Facebook page and YouTube Channel as we receive the file.
- Participants should not post their presentation entries on any social media networks until the results are declared but they may share the links of our official YouTube & Facebook posts anywhere they want.
- 10% Score Weightage from YouTube Views & 10% from Facebook Likes will be counted/given from the official posts only and not elsewhere.
- Intending participants preparing for the competition must register themselves through the link given below before the submission of their presentation, i.e., from 20th September 2021 till 30th November 2021.
- Participants are kindly requested to submit their video presentation (Poem & Song) starting 1st of October 2021 onwards and shall extend till 15th of December 2021 beyond which will not be entertained.
For registration, kindly visit https://forms.gle/CsPJQupNenAhtEBWA
For any queries, you may contact any of the organizing committee:
Convener- Chuimeimi Valui +91 995 363 5161
Co-Convener- Markson V Luikham +91 838 302 9206
TKLD President- Hansing Ngangzoyo Ahungshi +91 987 028 6829
Organized by Tangkhul Katamnao Long Delhi (TKLD)