Fire due to LPG cylinder blast razed 11 shops in Meghalaya

“An investigation has been initiated on the incident but we believe that the fire was started due to a faulty gas cylinder. As most of the shops were kutcha they caught fire and were destroyed,” said superintendent of police, NGH, Abraham T Sangma.

0
287

An accidental explosion of three gas cylinders ignited an inferno that gutted down at least 11 shops in the village of Dainadubi in North Garo Hills, Meghalaya.

According to information received, at around 2:45 on Saturday morning, an unregulated cylinder that was lying unattended burst into flames leading to catching fire of nearby shops. The sudden burst was so strong that some people, who were resting in their houses, fell from their beds due to impact of the explosion.

At least 11 shops were destroyed in the fire that was doused when the Dainadubi Outpost called for help at the nearest emergency services at Damra, about 3 kms away in Goalpara in Assam. The quick reaction by the F&ES services ensured that the damage was limited.

“An investigation has been initiated on the incident but we believe that the fire was started due to a faulty gas cylinder. As most of the shops were kutcha they caught fire and were destroyed,” said superintendent of police, NGH, Abraham T Sangma.

As per sources, all of the shops did not have insurance though at least Rs 20 lakh worth properties were lost by traders due to the fire. While further details of the accident are being gathered, they were hoping for some form of assistance from the district administration of North Garo Hill.

NNN

About The Author

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments