UKHRUL, May 23: The NNC/FGN has condemned the recent violence in “Southern Nagaland,” saying the killings, abductions and burning of homes in Ukhrul and Kangpokpi districts have caused deep pain across the region.
In a statement issued through its Ministry of Rali Wali Affairs under the leadership of Ino Zhopra Vero, the group said the violence that began earlier this year has continued to spread, affecting civilians, church leaders and village volunteers.
The statement specifically referred to the killings reported in Litan-Sareikhong, Mullam and Shongphal, the May 13 killing of three Thadou Baptist leaders — Rev. Vunthang Sitlou, Rev. Kaigoullun and Pastor Paogoulen — in Kangpokpi district, and the abduction and killing of six Naga hostages identified as Pr. Kenpibou, Rev. Manu, Phenrongwibou, Phenrilungbou, Dilip and Kaliwangbou.
Calling the incidents “morally indefensible and politically reckless,” the NNC/FGN said no political or territorial issue could justify bloodshed or the destruction of villages.
The organisation appealed to all armed groups to stop hostilities immediately and urged both Nagas and Kukis to avoid retaliation, warning that continued reprisals would further damage efforts towards peace and reconciliation.
While reiterating its commitment to peaceful relations with neighbouring communities, the NNC/FGN also maintained that it would oppose any attempt to deny what it described as the historical rights of the Nagas over their ancestral land.
While the statement made an appeal for peace and healing in Southern Nagaland, it further said that any politically motivated attack on a Naga would be viewed as an attack on the entire Naga nation.

